Bushcraft immersion day & camping
Time & Location
About the Event
An informative, fun and relaxed weekend in the woodlands of the Chilterns.
Provisional itinerary, subject to change:
- Arrive, unpack and welcome tour
- Lunch & learn: Finding water and making it safe to drink
- Making a tripod for cooking and boiling water
- Knife skills and safety, carving techniques
- Making primitive arrows - initial steps
- Open fire cooking e.g. native american style trout
- Wild camping in the woods
- Morning woodland walk, talking about tree and plant ID, uses & natral history
- Finish making primitive arrows
- If desired, test shoot your primitive arrow into a target with a homemade primitive longbow or flatbow
- Fire masterclass - learn how to create and sustain fire with natural and made made tinders and have a go at using a flint and steel and blowing a tinder bundle to flames
- This is a wild camping course in a small private woodland.
- You can bring your own camping equipment, or rent a hammock or tents from me.
- All bushcraft tools will be loaned to you as part of the course
- Dinner will be provided but you'll need to bring your own lunch and breakfast. For breakfast and lunch you can cook lunch on the fire, bring a gas stove, or just eat somethign cold - it's up to you.
- Please bring a head torch, warm clothing and a suitable sleeping bag.
- A composting loo is available on site
- Parking is available 1 min walk from camp
Previous customer reviews
"Summary: 10/10 would learn bushcraft from Alex again!
He was very knowledgeable and friendly, we had a wonderful time!
Full review: I booked a private weekend course with Alex for my husband's birthday weekend away. We're both nature enthusiasts and were looking for someone to teach us how to survive and live sustainably in nature at an introductory stage.
Alex and I communicated prior to the course and tailored a plan that my husband and I would be interested in learning. Alex offered a wide range of activities so it was difficult to choose what we could do in such a short amount of time we had! (Would definitely book him again for stuff that we have not covered in the future!).
All tools and kit was provided on site, we were shown how to use everything safely and given a good degree of freedom to experiment as well. Alex was very friendly and patient with teaching us a variety of knowledge, e.g. plant identification and uses in the woodlands, how to use tools or make items from different types of wood (we chose to make primitive arrows but there is also an option to carve your own Swedish butter knife!).
We were doing things in our own pace and did not feel like we were confined to a schedule. It was truly a fantastic weekend for the both of us.
Being out in nature has definitely relaxed our mind, body and soul, and Alex was a great guide for us! Seriously you won't regret learning bushcraft from him!"
- Self camp ticket£125£1250£0
- Course + Camping Hammock£150£1500£0