Private Bushcraft courses
Time & Location
About the Event
I can offer a range of 1 and 2 day courses, with fun and relaxed tution for small groups.
The agenda can be customised to suit your needs.
Here's an example:
- Midday arrive, unpack and welcome tour
- Lunch & learn: Finding water and making it safe to drink
- Making a tripod for cooking and boiling water
- Knife skills and safety
- Making primitive arrows
- Open fire cooking e.g. native american style trout
- Offsite visit - woodland walk
- Learn about the ID and uses of native plants and trees
- Sit stop - silent stop in the woods to appreciate nature
- Shelter building - example of a stick shelter
- Return to camp
- Finish making primitive arrows
- If desitred, test shoot your primitive arrow into a target with a homemade primitive longbow or flatbow
- Fire masterclass - learn how to create and sustain fire with natural and made made tinders and have a go at using a flint and steel and blowing a tinder bundle to flames
- This is a wild camping course in a small private woodland.
- Hammocks or tents available to rent.
- All bushcraft tools will be loaned to you as part of the course
- You'll need lucnhes and breakfast, head torch, warm clothing and a suitable sleeping bag.
- Composting loo on site
- Parking on site
Summary: 10/10 would learn bushcraft from Alex again!
He was very knowledgeable and friendly, we had a wonderful time!
Full review: I booked a private weekend course with Alex for my husband's birthday weekend away. We're both nature enthusiasts and were looking for someone to teach us how to survive and live sustainably in nature at an introductory stage.
Alex and I communicated prior to the course and tailored a plan that my husband and I would be interested in learning. Alex offered a wide range of activities so it was difficult to choose what we could do in such a short amount of time we had! (Would definitely book him again for stuff that we have not covered in the future!).
All tools and kit was provided on site, we were shown how to use everything safely and given a good degree of freedom to experiment as well. Alex was very friendly and patient with teaching us a variety of knowledge, e.g. plant identification and uses in the woodlands, how to use tools or make items from different types of wood (we chose to make primitive arrows but there is also an option to carve your own Swedish butter knife!).
We were doing things in our own pace and did not feel like we were confined to a schedule. It was truly a fantastic weekend for the both of us.
Being out in nature has definitely relaxed our mind, body and soul, and Alex was a great guide for us! Seriously you won't regret learning bushcraft from him!
Guide price: 2 day course: £300 per group of 2-4 people (same price regardless of number)
1 day course: £150 per group of 2-4 people (same price regardless of number)
Includes 2 days of tuition, evening meal, drinking water, firewood, insurance. Provide your own lunch, breakfast and camping gear.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your needs.