Private bookings according to availability|
Private Bushcraft courses
Have amazing time learning natural skills in the woods with 1:1 tuition
Time & Location
Private bookings according to availability
HP27 0RT, Speen, Princes Risborough HP27 0RT, UK
About the Event
...just lets me know you're interested - it isn't a booking. We can chat over email or phone to discuss your needs.
I offer a range courses with fun and relaxed tution for small groups. The agenda can be customised to suit your needs.
Tailored to complete beginners - have no fear!
I enjoy passing skills on to people who have never encountered them before. Complete novices are welcome, as wel as those with a base of knowledge, looking to upskill.
- Half day - 3 hours am or pm
- Full day - 6 hours
- Overnight - 14 hours of tuition plus camping and chill out time
I charge for time, not per person. Starting from £120 for up to 4 people for a half day. Current rates and customisations can be discussed.
- Knife skills and safety
- Making cord from natural plant fibres
- Putting up tarpaulin shelters and learning simpke but effective knots
- Fire lighting in depth, start to finish, using both primitive and modern methods
- Finding water and making it safe to drink
- Making a tripod for cooking and boiling water
- Making primitive arrows
- Axe skills
- Open fire cooking
- Woodland nature walk inluding plant and tree ID
- I offer wild camping courses in a small private woodland
- Hammocks or tents available to rent
- All bushcraft tools will be loaned to you as part of the course
- You'll need lucnhes / breakfasts / snacks, a head torch, warm clothing and a suitable sleeping bag if sleeping over.
- Composting loo on site
- Parking on site
Summary: 10/10 would learn bushcraft from Alex again!
He was very knowledgeable and friendly, we had a wonderful time!
Full review: I booked a private weekend course with Alex for my husband's birthday weekend away. We're both nature enthusiasts and were looking for someone to teach us how to survive and live sustainably in nature at an introductory stage.
Alex and I communicated prior to the course and tailored a plan that my husband and I would be interested in learning. Alex offered a wide range of activities so it was difficult to choose what we could do in such a short amount of time we had! (Would definitely book him again for stuff that we have not covered in the future!).
All tools and kit was provided on site, we were shown how to use everything safely and given a good degree of freedom to experiment as well. Alex was very friendly and patient with teaching us a variety of knowledge, e.g. plant identification and uses in the woodlands, how to use tools or make items from different types of wood (we chose to make primitive arrows but there is also an option to carve your own Swedish butter knife!).
We were doing things in our own pace and did not feel like we were confined to a schedule. It was truly a fantastic weekend for the both of us.
Being out in nature has definitely relaxed our mind, body and soul, and Alex was a great guide for us! Seriously you won't regret learning bushcraft from him!
Pressing 'RSVP' just lets me know you're interested - it isn't a booking. We can chat over email or phone to discuss your needs.